The OTC Select 2074 thumb stabilizer is fabricated from comfortably padded, latex-free materials in a distinctive design that combines both ease of application and wearing comfort. It allows unrestricted movement in the fingers and preserves maximum function of the hand. An excellent choice to treat DeQuervain’s syndrome, MCP joint sprains and strains, basal joint arthritis, and cumulative trauma disorders.
INDICATIONS LISTED BELOW
• Flexible stays hold thumb in abducted position
• Anatomic design allows for free movement of fingers and hand
• Comfortably padded material allows for extended wear
• Easy one-handed adjustment and fastening
• Non-abrasive hook-and-loop fastening with no sharp edges
• Specify for right or left hand
HOW TO MEASURE FOR AND APPLY THUMB STABILIZER
SIZE MEASURE AROUND THE BREAK OF THE WRIST
SMALL 4.75″ – 6.0″ (12.1 – 15.2 cm)
MEDIUM 6.0″ – 8.0″ (15.2 – 20.3 cm)
LARGE 8.0″ – 10″ (20.3 – 25.4 cm)
X – LARGE 10″ – 12″ (25.4 – 30.5 cm)
THUMB STABILIZER MEASURING LOCATION
A. Measure around the break of the wrist
1. Unfasten closure strap and slip the brace over the hand and wrist so that the thumb protrudes though the thumb aperture.
2. The splint should be centered over the lateral surface of the thumb.
3. With the free hand, wrap the closure strap around the back of the hand and over the front of the wrist.
4. The splint should fit snug but not uncomfortably tight.
L, M, S, XL