This thumb splint is constructed from an open cell urethane foam laminated to a lycra fabric for comfort, breathability and moisture absorption. The distal circumferential strap provides superior fixation of the radial stay which allows for excellent immobilization of the thumb. Distal palmar crease contour allows for 90 degree palmar flexion and full finger dexterity. Perfect for latex sensitive wearers. Available for the left or right hand.
INDICATIONS LISTED BELOW
• Holds the wrist in a neutral position and the thumb abducted to promote healing and minimize pain
• Adjustable radial stay, removable palmar splint restricts wrist flexion, adjusts for varying degrees of support
• Soft lined interior is breathable and offers unparalleled wearing comfort
• Adjustable thumb strap accommodates for swelling and various size thumbs
HOW TO MEASURE FOR AND APPLY WRIST/THUMB SPLINT/SPICA
SIZE MEASURE AROUND THE BREAK OF THE WRIST
X – SMALL 4.5″ – 5.5″ (11.4 – 14 cm)
SMALL 5.5″ – 6.5″ (14 – 16.5 cm)
MEDIUM 6.5″ – 7.5″ (16.5 – 19 cm)
LARGE 7.5″ – 8.5″ (19 – 21.6 cm)
X – LARGE 8.5″ – 10″ (21.6 – 25.4 cm)
A. Measure around the break of the wrist
1. Unfasten all closures and slip the brace over the hand and wrist.
2. The thumb should protrude through the spica potion and the splint should be centered over the palm.
3. With the free hand, fasten the thumb encircling strap snugly.
4. Then grasp the closure tab furthest away from the wrist and fasten to the loop.
5. Repeat with the other tab and adjust for comfort.
6. The brace should fit snug but not uncomfortably tight.
L, M, S, XL