This OTC 2464 Lightweight Shoulder Immobilizer is designed to restrict movement in and around the shoulder by reducing abduction and arm rotation. It is indicated after shoulder dislocations, separations, minor rotator cuff injuries, strains and other similar injuries.
INDICATIONS LISTED BELOW
• Lightweight, breathable components provide excellent immobilization and wearing comfort
• Restricts shoulder and upper arm mobility
• Full contact hook and loop fastening and adjustment
• Padded strap for greater patient comfort
• Slide buckles on strap for easy adjustment
• Breathable, cool cotton sling
• Removable webbing swathe strap
HOW TO MEASURE FOR AND APPLY THE SHOULDER IMMOBILIZER
MEASURE BASED ON ARM LENGTH
X-SMALL 6″ X 11″ (15.2 X 28 cm)
SMALL 7″ X 13″ (17.8 X 33 cm)
MEDIUM 8″ X 15″ (20.3 X 38.1 cm)
LARGE 9″ X 18″ (22.8 X 45.7 cm)
X-LARGE 10″ X 20″ (25.4 X 50.8 cm)
A. Measure based on arm length
1. For best results, the garment should be worn over a piece of clothing. Unfasten all closures and adjustments.
2. Position the arm inside the sling over the ribs so that the elbow is flexed approximately 90 degrees and the top edge of the sling is right below the breast line. Insert the thumb through the loop in the sling.
3. Fasten the shoulder strap and adjust for comfort.
4. Fasten the back strap (swathe) snugly. When properly applied, the shoulder immobilizer should comfortably cradle the arm and should not interfere with normal respiration.
|Dimensions||L 25.4 x W 1143 x H 6.35 (cm)|
L, M, S, XL, XS